Pages

Friday, August 30, 2019

Trip to Whangarei



We were writing recounts, so I wrote about my Whangarei weekend. I hope you enjoy my writing.

Last weekend Tia, Mum and I went to Whangarei to go and watch Tia play netball. We left early in the morning. When we were going to Whangarei, I got car sick.
Tia had five games. My mum and I got hungry, so we went to the cafe, and had a snack. I had some seafood chowder. My mum had some soup and a brownie. We took our food back, to go watch Tia play her game of netball.
I got bored, so I went to the car and watched a movie on my mum’s computer. I was still in there, when Tia was finished. She put her things in the car and we left.
Just after we left, my mum got a phone call. It was my sister’s coach. She said, “You need to come back. We have two more games left !” “Oh no!”, said Tia.
Five hours later… are you finished yet Tia? It was the longest day of my life! I got bored again, so I went to play shots, but it was time to go for real now. Tia was sweating so much it was disgusting. I felt like I was going to spew up all over the seat. Tia’s sweat looked like water - so gross! It was dripping in the car.
I really wished that I had stayed at home, but it was a nice weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Leila,
    Welcome to blogging! I have enjoyed reading you recount writing. I can understand how you were feeling when you were car sick. I also get very car sick. What a long day of netball, you are lucky Mum had her computer to watch a movie.
    What sports do you play?
    I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kia ora leila
    i loved your recount of your trip to whangarei it was very interesting and funny can't wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for reading my work i hope you guys enjoyed it

      Delete